5G technology and health & environment = FLYING BLIND
On February 6, 2019, took place hearing before the US Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee, on the future of the 5G wireless technology.
U.S. Senator, Richard Blumenthal (D-CT), was concerned with with the lack of any scientific research and data on the potential health effects of the 5G-emitted radiation.
In response to questions from Senator Blumenthal, representatives of the telecom industry confirmed:
- Mr. Gillen (?): there is no ongoing research into health effects of the 5G
- Mr. Gillen (?): industry did not commit any funds to support research into 5G health risks
- Mr. Steve Berry, President and CEO, Competitive Carriers Association: industry relies solely on the low-power assumption to justify safety of the 5G
Mr. Gillen was not listed on the official witness list… that looked as follows:
- The Honorable Meredith Atwell Baker, President and CEO, CTIA
- Mr. Steve Berry, President and CEO, Competitive Carriers Association
- Mr. Shailen Bhatt, President and CEO, Intelligent Transportation Society of America
- Mr. Michael Wessel, Commissioner, U.S.-China Economic & Security Review Commission
- Ms. Kim Zentz, Chief Executive Officer, Urbanova
As Senator Blumenthal put it, we are flying blind.
See the exchange here:
This is déjà vu all-over again.
The scientific justification of the “flying blind” I have presented last year in Australia. My lecture showing what we know, or rather what we should know but we do not know, about the 5G-emitted radiation and health was presented in May 2018 at the ARPANSA in Australia, and including the déjà vu opinion is available here: Leszczynski 5G lecture at ARPANSA