Some people are concerned about the health effects of radiation emitted by cell phones. Current scientific knowledge is still uncertain and controversial. This is “just suitable” situation for scammers. People looking for protection, and naïve enough, may invest in stickers or chips claimed to reduce radiation exposure of cell phone user. Do not believe such thing.
It is a scam!
As a person contemplating purchase of such “protective” chip or sticker, ask yourself a simple questions:
- Chips or stickers removing radiation?
- What they do, suck radiation away from the air around?
- How phone still works with a chip or sticker attached?
- Phone working without radiation in- and out-coming from your phone?
The simple answers are – the chips and stickers are scam to get your money! No protection whatsoever!
Today, I saw a very simple text, explaining the chips and stickers problem. It is written by Manas Ganguly on Quora.com and I quote his text below (link to original):
“…I am not sure if radiation chips have anything to live up to the hype that they reduce radiation.
- For the record, research, study or science behind radiation proofing chips is a ballyhoo and nothing more.
- For the record, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission (FTC) has in 2002 and 2011 rubbished all claims of scientific merits of these patches. Here’s the FTC report on the same:
- One rectangular patch in one part of the phone can do nothing about Radiation which is being emitted from all parts of the phone. If anything it increases the radiation on the head side of the phone causing more harm.
- The FTC warns that such stickers may interfere with a phone’s signal, forcing it to draw even more power to communicate with the cell tower and emitting more radiation in the process.
- If you want to reduce your EMR expsoure without abandoning your cellular technology, use hands-free headsets to distance the radiation-emitting phone from your headsides.
- Consider using the phone in open spaces as opposed to enclosed rooms and avoid calls in cars.
- Also make more calls from your wireline phone. Texting is a more appropriate option for short conversations.
- Avoiding long calls when signal reception is poor.
- The harder your phone has to work to maintain a signal, the more radiation it emits.