The first three days of visit to India, New Delhi are over.
On the first day, arrival day on Sunday, September 14th, 2014, walk through the Old Delhi reminded me how serious is the India’s problem of sitting of the cell towers and the cell antennas. It looks very haphazard and often the close proximity of antennas to apartments and balconies causes risky exposure situations.
Two lectures, on Monday, September 15th, 2014, at the India International Centre and on Tuesday, September 16th, 2014, at the Indian Institute of Technology.
PDF copy of my talks: INDIA September 2014.
Besides lectures there was a very busy schedule of meetings with various Indian officials, including:
- Dr. Harsh Vadrhan, the Minister of Health and Family Welfare of India
- Dr. Vishwa Mohan Katoch, Secretary to the Government of India and Director-General of the Indian Council of Medical Research
- Mr. Anil Kumar Purwar, Advisor (Technology), Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications & IT of India
- Mr. A. K. Mittal, Senior Deputy Director General, Telecommunication Engineering Centre, Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications & IT of India
The general impression from these meetings is that officials are concerned with the health risks associated with exposures to cell phone, cell tower and wi-fi networks radiation and are receptive for suggestions how to resolve health concern issues to the satisfaction of both, users and providers. Time will show how our suggestions, of precaution and Precautionary Principle, will be finally received and, hopefully, implemented.
Lastly, there were many news media interviews, both press and TV. News media was active but not always accurate in their reporting so, do not take literally all what is written in the newspapers…Some of the links are provided on the News in English page of this blog.
Tomorrow, in the morning meeting with
- Ms. Neeta Singh, President of the Indian Association on Cancer Research
followed by flight to Mumbai and busy schedule of the meetings there… The first meeting will be right after arrival, going straight from the airport to the Rotary Club of Hanging Gardens, Malabar Hill Club, to attend address by Juhi Chawla Mehta.
More about Mumbai events after they happen…